Woodstock Lapis Chime
Sorry, this item is out of stock
The enchanting sound of this chime is the result of a special tuning using the “Golden Ratio.” This ratio, discovered by the ancient Greeks, can be found throughout nature. Lapis, also called lapis lazuli, is a beautiful blue-colored stone often found with veins of white marble. The ancient Egyptians used lapis to represent heaven. They made amulets, ornaments and even ground it to be used as eye shadow. This shade of blue is the color of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality. We blended blue stone beads with a faux lapis windcatcher to create our beautiful Lapis Chimes.Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today. It remains a family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley.
- Tuned using the "Golden Ratio" found throughout nature
- Cherry wood, 4 square satin silver tubes, faux lapis accents
- Length: 22" Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring / knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Beautifully weather finished, provides years of pleasure in a garden, near a door or as a gift
- Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today