Woodstock Elements Chime, Water- Eastern Energies Collection
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Genuine Sodalite accents and gentle tones offer a calming energy. The original musical scale for this chime was derived through chance and divination, by casting coins and referencing the I Ching. It is named for the ancient Chinese system of Feng Shui, believed to facilitate the positive flow of qi (or energy flow). One of the basic principles of Feng Shui is the theory of five elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water. This chime represents its Feng Shui element with a specific colored stone and Chinese character. Bring the energy of balance and nourishment into your life with the healing Feng Shui powers of the color blue and the Woodstock Feng Shui Chime - Elements, Water. Woodstock Chimes are the original, musically-tuned, high-quality windchimes known worldwide for their superior sound. When listening to a Woodstock Chime, you hear a fine musical instrument played by the wind, perfectly hand-tuned using the ancient system of "just intonation" based on natural harmonics. This means the frequencies at which the different chime tubes vibrate are related to one another by simple whole-number ratios. Tones that are related in this way produce the most beautiful musical intervals. The sonic effect is exceptionally pure and soothing. More than 30-year ago, the first Woodstock Chime was created by founder and owner Garry Kvistad from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. As a professional musician and instrument designer, he was fascinated by the Scales of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano. Garry had the idea to cut and tune the lawn chair chime tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our bestselling windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Percussion, Inc. in 1979 and it remains a family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley.
- Woodstock's feng shui water chime features genuine sodalite accents and gentle tones to calm energy
- Chime's musical scale is a traditional one that was derived through chance and divination; tuning - g, g, f, d, d
- Overall length is 15-1/2-inch; black finished ash wood platform, clapper, and wind catcher; 5 satin silver anodized aluminum chime tubes
- Windcatcher is silkscreened with the symbol for water on one side and a Feng Shui design on the other; gift boxed
- Woodstock chimes are known around the world for their innovative design, superior quality, and beautiful sound