Woodstock Chimes WWKB Windsinger Chimes of King David, 88 in, Black
Sorry, this item is out of stock
The ultimate in relaxation, This chime seems to resonate forever! Our windsinger chimes series combines computer-age technology with the very finest artistry & craftsmanship, allowing you to experience a whole new dimension of beautiful sound. Made from super-think-walled aluminum tubes which are specially-suspended, these wind chimes resonate much longer than other wind chimes, bathing you in waves of enduring harmony every time The wind blows. This chime is named for David, king of Israel. A central Figure in the old testament, he was a courageous warrior, a powerful ruler & a great poet. As a young Shepherd, David was called before king Saul to play his lyre. He played so beautifully that he was able to heal the king troubled spirits. Woodstock windsinger chimes are musically-tuned using an ancient system Known as "just intonation." This means the frequencies at which the different tubes vibrate are related to one another by simple whole# ratios. Tones that are related in this way produce the purest, most beautiful musical intervals. This massive chime, the largest of all Woodstock Chimes, is tuned to an ancient Chinese pentatonic scale. Let its deep tones soothe your troubled spirits. In 1979, grammy award-winning musician & instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano, Garry cut & tuned The lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime & is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned wind chimes. Garry & his wife Diane still develop the chimes today as part of their family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley. Woodstock Chimes - the world's favorite windchime.
- Tuned to a pentatonic scale
- Black aluminum ring and windcatcher, 6 Black aluminum tubes
- Length: 88'' Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring/ knob to bottom of wind catcher
- The ultimate in relaxation, This chime seems to resonate forever!
- In 1979, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock chime from an aluminum lawn Chair he found in a landfill; garry and his wife diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 And still develop the chimes today