Woodstock Chimes WWH Windsinger Chimes of Hera, 85-Inch, Brushed Silver
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Named for the queen of the gods, this long chime looks & sounds divine. Our Windsinger Chimes series combines computer-age technology with the very finest artistry and craftsmanship, allowing you to experience a whole new dimension of beautiful sound. Made from super-think-walled aluminum tubes which are specially-suspended, these wind chimes resonate much longer than other windchimes, bathing you in waves of enduring harmony every time the wind blows. Hera, wife and sister of Zeus, was the Greek goddess of women and marriage. She is often portrayed holding a pomegranate, a symbol of both fertility and death. As "Queen of the Gods," many temples were erected and dedicated to her honor. The ancient ruins of her temple at Olympia is where, every four years, the Olympic torch is lit using a parabolic mirror to focus the sun's rays. Woodstock Windsinger Chimes are musically-tuned using an ancient system known as "just intonation." This means the frequencies at which the different tubes vibrate are related to one another by simple whole-number ratios. Tones that are related in this way produce the purest, most beautiful musical intervals. This chime is tuned to the notes of Westminster Quarters, a common church bell melody. Let the Chimes of Hera sing out in jubilation at your wedding or other celebration. In 1979, Grammy Award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane still develop the chimes today as part of their family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley. Woodstock Chimes - The World's Favorite Windchime.
- Tuned to a pentatonic scale
- Black aluminum ring and windcatcher, 5 silver brushed aluminum tubes
- Length: 85'' Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring / knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Named for the queen of the gods, this long chime looks and sounds divine
- In 1979, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today