Woodstock Chimes WTBR Turquoise Chime, Small
Sorry, this item is out of stock
The enchanting sound of this chime is the result of a special tuning using the “Golden Ratio.” This ratio, discovered by the ancient Greeks, can be found throughout nature. Turquoise gets its beautiful blue-green color from copper and aluminum. It is a process that takes tens of millions of years. In many Native American languages, the translation for the word turquoise is “sky-stone.” The color turquoise contains the growth quality of green and the communication quality of blue. Inspired by the rich beauty of this attractive union, we blended colorful beads with a faux turquoise windcatcher to create our beautiful Turquoise Chimes.Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today. It remains a family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley.
- Tuned using the "Golden Ratio" found throughout nature
- Cherry wood, 4 square bronze tubes, faux turquoise accents
- Length: 21" Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring / knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Beautifully weather finished, provides years of pleasure in a garden, near a door or as a gift
- Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today