Woodstock Chimes West Side Story Wind Chime, Somewhere
Sorry, this item is out of stock
The West Side Story wind chime features an ash wood top and silk screened windcatcher with a beautiful cherry finish and 5 high-quality silver aluminum tubes that will not rust when exposed to the elements. Created to honor Leonard Bernstein’s 100th birthday, this chime sings out in honor of star-crossed lovers everywhere. Bernstein’s score was inspired by a theme from Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 5, popularly known as the “Emperor Concerto. ” “Somewhere” has become an anthem for forbidden love and has been recorded by The Supremes, Barbra Streisand and Phil Collins, to name a few. Measures 24-inches in overall length. This chime carries a lifetime tuning . WEST SIDE STORY and LEONARD BERNSTEIN are registered trademarks administered by The Leonard Bernstein Office, Used by permission. More than 30-years ago, the first Woodstock Chime was created by founder and owner Garry Kvistad from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. As a professional musician and instrument designer, he was fascinated by the Scales of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano. Garry had the idea to cut and tune the lawn chair chime tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our bestselling wind chimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Percussion, in 1979 and it remains a family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley.
- WEST SIDE STORY WIND CHIME: Features an ash wood top and silk screened windcatcher with a beautiful cherry finish; 5 high-quality silver aluminum tubes that will not rust when exposed to the elements
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 24-inches in overall length - total hanging length is measured from top of gather ring to bottom of wind catcher
- MUSICALLY TUNED: Tuned to the opening notes from Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim's song "Somewhere" from West Side Story, an anthem for forbidden love and has been recorded by The Supremes, Barbra Streisand and Phil Collins, to name a few
- EASY TO CUSTOMIZE: The removable windcatcher can be taken to a personalization store, trophy shop, printer or jeweler to be engraved or silk-screened to create a unique gift that is truly special
- WOODSTOCK CHIMES: The original, musically tuned wind chime created by Grammy award-winning musician Garry Kvistad; available in a wide range of styles, songs and sizes, you can choose the one that speaks to your soul