Woodstock Chimes SST Seashore Chime, Sea Star
This coastal-themed chime is tuned to a traditional Balinese scale from the exotic instruments of the Indonesian Gamelan Orchestra. Starfish or sea stars are radially symmetric and typically have five rays or arms. They live on the sea floor and most can regenerate damaged or lost arms. The hand-painted windcatcher captures the beauty of the reefs without robbing them of their wonderful resources. Sea stars are treasures of the ocean, and Bali is surrounded by a vast ocean full of life. Add this treasure to your home or garden and enjoy the sights and sounds of the beach all year long.Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today. It remains a family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley.
- Tuned to a traditional Balinese scale, this chime has a tropical island feel
- White wash finish ash wood, resin windcatcher, 5 satin silver tubes
- Length: 14" Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring / knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Beautifully finished, provides years of pleasure in a garden, near a door or as a gift
- Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today