Woodstock Chimes SSL Seashore Chime, Lighthouse
Tuned to a Balinese scale, this chime evokes island living at its best. This coastal-themed chime is tuned to a traditional Balinese scale from the exotic instruments of the Indonesian gamelan orchestra. The world’s first lighthouse, known as the Lighthouse of Alexandria, is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. These beacons of safety seen along the seashore have captivated hearts and minds since ancient times. Add this treasure to your home or garden and enjoy the sights and sounds of the beach all year long. This chime carries a lifetime tuning guarantee. In 1979, Grammy Award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane still develop the chimes today as part of their family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley. Woodstock Chimes - The World's Favorite Windchime.
- Tuned to a traditional Balinese scale
- White wash finish ash wood, 5 silver aluminum tubes, blue wash finish cast aluminum windcatcher
- Length: 24'' Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring / knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Tuned to a Balinese scale, this chime evokes island living at its best
- In 1979, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today