Woodstock Chimes Rainforest Wind Chime, Bali (RFCB)
A favorite, tuned to the traditional scale of Balinese shadow puppet play. This chime gets its tuning from one of the brightest elements of the music of Bali, an exotic scale played by percussive gamelan orchestras. The warm winds and plentiful precipitation of the rainforest bring about lush, colorful plants and flowers. We don’t guarantee this beautiful-sounding windchime will bring you rain, but we do guarantee it will bring you joy. This chime carries a lifetime tuning guarantee. In 1979, Grammy Award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane still develop the chimes today as part of their family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley. Woodstock Chimes - The World's Favorite Windchime.
- Tuned to the traditional scale of a Balinese shadow puppet play
- Green wash finish ash wood, 5 bronze aluminum tubes, removable windcatcher for easy customization
- Length: 25'' Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring / knob to bottom of wind catcher
- A favorite, tuned to the traditional scale of Balinese shadow puppet play
- In 1979, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today