Woodstock Chimes OCAN O Canada Tuned Wind Chime
Sorry, this item is out of stock
More than 30-years ago, the first Woodstock Chime was created by founder and owner Garry Kvistad from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. As a professional musician and instrument designer, he was fascinated by the Scales of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano. Garry had the idea to cut and tune the lawn chair chime tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our bestselling wind chimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Percussion, Inc. in 1979 and it remains a family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley.
- Beautifully handcrafted wind chime tuned to the opening notes of "O Canada," the Canadian national anthem
- Overall length is 22-inches
- Ash wood with Cherry finish, 6 Silver aluminum tubes, and silk-screened wind catcher
- Wind catcher is removable for easy customization
- Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer garry kvistad and his wife diane founded Woodstock Chimes after he created the first chime from an aluminum lawn Chair he found in a landfill