Woodstock Chimes MGL Mozart Chime, Large
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Tuned to the notes of Mozart's Piano Concerto #21 in C Major . Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791) lived a short but extremely rich musical life. Revered for numerous symphonies, chamber works, concerti and operas, his career started as a child prodigy and ended tragically at the young age of 35. This wind chime pays tribute to his 250th birthday and is tuned to the opening intervals of the Andante movement from his Piano Concerto number 21 in C Major (K. 467) . This concerto was used as the theme music in the 1967 Swedish film, Elvira Madigan . In 1979, Grammy Award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane still develop the chimes today as part of their family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley. Woodstock Chimes - The World's Favorite Windchime.
- Tuned to the opening intervals of the andante movement from Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 21 in C Major
- Cherry finish ash wood, 5 satin green aluminum tubes, removable windcatcher for easy customization
- Dimensions- Length: 40-inches; Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring/knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Tuned to the notes of Mozart's Piano Concerto #21 in C Major
- In 1979, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today