Woodstock Chimes HWL The Original Guaranteed Musically Tuned Chime Large Heroic Windbell, Verdigris
Sorry, this item is out of stock
This handcrafted, wind-activated bell, with its bold tone and design, functions nicely as a welcome bell at any entrance to your home or garden. We tone our bells to unite two important ways the instrument vibrates. One is the sound of the bell itself and the other is the hollow chamber inside the bell that acts like an organ pipe. The slots on the sides of the bell are the secret to this unique coupling. The result is a rich sound with much depth and beauty. This steel bell has been coated with a handsome, durable finish, so you can enjoy it for years to come. Hang your Heroic Windbell in a breezy spot and let it play in the wind. Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today. It remains a family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley.
- Features special tuning slots to sound like a distant harbor bell
- Verdigris powder-coated steel bell, aluminum wind catcher, black finish ash wood clapper
- Length: 40" Diameter: 6" Overall length is measured from top of bell to bottom of wind catcher
- Use to call the kids in for supper, or as an alternative doorbell
- Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today