Woodstock Chimes DCV37 The Original Guaranteed Musically Tuned Earth Chime, 37 in, Verdigris
Named for the "blue planet", the planet We call home. Named for the "blue planet", the planet We call home. The third planet from the sun, earth is the only planet whose name does not come from Greek or roman mythology. This wind chime is designed & handcrafted for superior musical performance. It is hand-tuned to a universal, pentatonic (five-note) scale & acts in concert with the wind to create random patterns of wonderful sound. Harmonizes beautifully with all the other Encore collection wind chimes. In 1979, grammy award-winning musician & instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano, Garry cut & tuned The lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime & is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned wind chimes. Garry & his wife Diane still develop the chimes today as part of their family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley. Woodstock Chimes - the world's favorite windchime.
- Tuned to a pentatonic scale
- Cherry finish wood, 6 Verdigris aluminum tubes, removable windcatcher for easy customization
- Length: 37'' Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring/ knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Named for the "blue planet", the planet We call home
- In 1979, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock chime from an aluminum lawn Chair he found in a landfill; garry and his wife diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 And still develop the chimes today