Woodstock Chimes DAYL Daybreak Wind Chime, Morning Mood
Sorry, this item is out of stock
The Daybreak features an ash wood top and wind catcher with a beautiful, cherry finish that is weather-resistant; 6 high-quality silver aluminum tubes that will not rust when exposed to the elements. This beautiful wind chime is tuned to the opening notes of Morning Mood, a composition from Peer Giant written by Norwegian composer Edward Grieg in 1875. Originally composed to be the incidental music accompanying Henrik Ibsen's 1867 play of the same name, years later Grieg extracted pieces of the music, including Morning Mood, to create two four-movement suites. This melody has often been heard in contemporary culture, including in cartoons, TV shows and movies, often as background music for sunrise and early morning scenes. Let the inspiring music of our Daybreak Chime be a wonderful start to your day. More than 30-years ago, the first Woodstock Chime was created by founder and owner Garry Kvistad from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. As a professional musician and instrument designer, he was fascinated by the Scales of Olympus, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano. Garry had the idea to cut and tune the lawn chair chime tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympus was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our bestselling wind chimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Percussion, in 1979 and it remains a family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley.
- Daybreak wind chime: features an ash wood top and wind catcher with a beautiful, cherry finish that is weather-resistant; 6 high-quality Silver aluminum tubes that will not rust when exposed to the elements
- Dimensions: measures 38-inches in overall length - total hanging length is measured from top of gather ring to bottom of wind catcher
- Musically tuned: this chime is tuned to the opening notes of morning mood, A composition from peer giant written by Norwegian composer Edward Grieg in 1875
- Easy to customize: the removable wind catcher can be taken to a personalization store, Trophy Shop, printer or jeweler to be engraved or silk-screened to create a unique gift that is truly special
- Woodstock Chimes: the original, musically tuned wind chime created by Grammy award-winning musician Garry kvistad; available in a wide range of styles, songs and Sizes, You can choose the one that speaks to your soul