Woodstock Chimes CRCE Craftsman Wind Chime, Evergreen
Sorry, this item is out of stock
The stepped square top and square tube design of this chime were inspired by the Craftsman style of architecture popularized during the Arts and Crafts movement. This movement made designs based on the inherent harmony of mathematical proportions and their frequent occurrence in nature, paying homage, once again, to the Golden Ratio. The teachings of William Morris, a leader of the Arts and Crafts movement in England, greatly influenced designs created at the Byrdcliffe Arts Colony here in Woodstock, NY in the early 20th century. This chime, along with many of our other products, joins this lively heritage. Measures 33 inches in overall length. This chime carries a lifetime tuning . More than 30-years ago, the first Woodstock Chime was created by founder and owner Garry Kvistad from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. As a professional musician and instrument designer, he was fascinated by the Scales of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano. Garry had the idea to cut and tune the lawn chair chime tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our bestselling wind chimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Percussion, in 1979 and it remains a family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley.
- CRAFTSMAN EVERGREEN WIND CHIME: Features an ash wood top and windcatcher with a beautiful, teak finish that is weather-resistant; 4 square high-quality satin green aluminum tubes that will not rust when exposed to the elements, and adorned with ceramic and stone accents
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 33 inches in overall length - total hanging length is measured from top of gather ring to bottom of wind catcher
- MUSICALLY TUNED: The clear sound of this chime is musically tuned to notes derived from the proportion of the Golden Ratio given to us by ancient Greece
- CRAFTSMAN STYLE: The stepped square top and square tube design of this chime were inspired by the Craftsman style of architecture popularized during the Arts and Crafts movement
- WOODSTOCK CHIMES: The original, musically tuned wind chime created by Grammy award-winning musician Garry Kvistad; available in a wide range of styles, songs and sizes, you can choose the one that speaks to your soul