Woodstock Chimes CDWU The Original Guaranteed Musically Tuned Chime Habitats Dragonfly Agate Wind Bell, Purple
Sorry, this item is out of stock
This beautiful Habitats windbell is made of cast metal with a satin blue finish and is adorned with dragonflies, a genuine agate windcatcher, and stone bead accents. Measures 18-inches in overall length and hangs from a string loop. From butterflies to blue whales, the earth teems with life. Areas that sustain life are called habitats, and each habitat is part of an interconnected system that makes the richness of our life on Earth possible. The Woodstock Habitats series celebrates the variety of nature around us. These designs incorporate some of our favorite animals and other reminders of nature that can enhance your habitat. The art of casting metal has been around for thousands of years. When heated to extremely high temperatures, metal will reach a molten state and can be poured into a mold. In this way, the ancients were able to create items of both enormous utility and great beauty. The same basic processes are used in foundries today. More than 30-years ago, the first Woodstock Chime was created by founder and owner Garry Kvistad from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. As a professional musician and instrument designer, he was fascinated by the Scales of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano. Garry had the idea to cut and tune the lawn chair chime tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our bestselling wind chimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Percussion, in 1979 and it remains a family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley.
- DRAGONFLY WINDBELL: Beautifully constructed in cast aluminum with a satin blue finish, features dragonflies, a genuine agate windcatcher, and stone bead accents
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 18-inches in overall length - total hanging length is measured from top of string loop to bottom of wind catcher
- PURPLE AGATE: Symbolizes royalty, spirituality and enlightenment; agates are often used as grounding stones, bringing balance to our emotional, physical and intellectual state and promoting stability and strength
- HABITATS COLLECTION: This series celebrates the variety of nature around us, from butterflies to hummingbird, and other reminders of nature that can enhance your habitat
- WOODSTOCK CHIMES: The original, Musically Tuned Chime wind chime created by Grammy award-winning musician Garry Kvistad; available in a wide range of styles, songs and sizes, you can choose the one that speaks to your soul