Woodstock Chimes CBWSI Bach Chime, Fine Tuned
Product Description Rated as the "best overall" In a review of chimes from the top five makers! The chimes of Bach is named for one of music's greatest composers, Johann Sebastian Bach. This wind chime is tuned to the first chord of bach's Prelude in C from the well-tempered clavier book I. The beautiful, uplifting tones pay tribute to a man whose music many consider to be the most influential in Western culture. Bach's music continues to enthrall & influence musicians today, From minimalist composer Steve Reich to Wendy Carlos' 1968 moog synthesized, switched-on Bach. The chimes of Bach was chosen by the wall street journal< B> as best overall in a comparison of several wind chimes. Let our chimes of Bach turn your garden into a concert hall, & you'll appreciate the sweet music It plays for you. In 1979, grammy award-winning musician & instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano, Garry cut & tuned The lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime & is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned wind chimes. Garry & his wife Diane still develop the chimes today as part of their family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley. Woodstock Chimes - the world's favorite windchime. Amazon.com Classical music lovers will resonate to this chime, precision-tuned to the first chord of J.S. Bach's Prelude in C. Weather-resistant cherry wood and five silver-colored aluminum tubes make this one of Woodstock's classic chimes. The chime measures 24-1/2 inches in length and produces a melodic, midrange "voice." Musician Gary Kvistad founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979, and today the family-owned company produces a wide range of handcrafted, precision-tuned chimes. A one-year warranty covers the chime against defects, and all tuned Woodstock Chimes come with a lifetime tuning guarantee. --Ann Bieri
- Tuned to the first chord of bach's Prelude in C from the well-tempered Claviers
- Cherry finish ash wood, 5 Silver aluminum tubes
- Length: 24'' Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring/ knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Rated as the "best overall" In a review of chimes from the top five makers!
- In 1979, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock chime from an aluminum lawn Chair he found in a landfill; garry and his wife diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 And still develop the chimes today