Woodstock Chimes BWS Bali Chime, Fine Tuned
Sorry, this item is out of stock
A favorite, tuned to the traditional scale of Balinese shadow puppet play. This light & spirited wind chime is tuned to a musical scale called saih gender wayang from the South Pacific island of Bali, Indonesia. Originating in the playful music of the Shadow puppet play, this scale comes alive with each movement of the wind. Gamelan gender wayang is a style of music played on Bali. In 2003 UNESCO (United nations educational, scientific & cultural Organization) designated wayang kulit, a shadow puppet theater & the best known of the Indonesian wayang, as a masterpiece of oral & intangible Heritage of humanity in an effort to Help preserve this aspect of Indonesian Heritage. In 1979, grammy award-winning musician & instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano, Garry cut & tuned The lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime & is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned wind chimes. Garry & his wife Diane still develop the chimes today as part of their family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley. Woodstock Chimes - the world's favorite windchime.
- Tuned to the traditional scale of a balinese shadow puppet play
- Cherry finish ash wood, 5 Silver aluminum tubes, removable windcatcher for easy customization
- Length: 25'' Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring/ knob to bottom of wind catcher
- A favorite, tuned to the traditional scale of balinese shadow puppet play
- In 1979, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock chime from an aluminum lawn Chair he found in a landfill; garry and his wife diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 And still develop the chimes today