Woodstock Chimes BCWW Beachcomber Chime, White Wash
The White Wash color reflects the sun-bleached textures of the Coast. Tuned to a beautiful pentatonic scale found all over the planet, This chime transports us to the Seashore both visually & musically. many classical composers wrote music using both This scale & the theme of oceans, most notably debussy’s LA Mer. the color palette of this chime reflects the coastal environment with soft pastels, hues that Echo the many shades of water & the sun-bleached textures of the Coast. whether you live on the coast or dream of the ocean, this chime can help relax your mind & Spirit. In 1979, grammy award-winning musician & instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano, Garry cut & tuned The lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime & is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned wind chimes. Garry & his wife Diane still develop the chimes today as part of their family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley. Woodstock Chimes - the world's favorite windchime.
- Tuned to a pentatonic scale
- White Wash finish ash wood, 5 Silver aluminum tubes, removable windcatcher for easy customization
- Length: 24'' Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring/ knob to bottom of wind catcher
- The White Wash color reflects the sun-bleached textures of the Coast
- In 1979, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock chime from an aluminum lawn Chair he found in a landfill; garry and his wife diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 And still develop the chimes today