Woodstock Chimes WWSA Windsinger Chimes of Athena, 44 in, Silver
The Trifecta! Lasting resonance, contemporary styling & a beautiful song. Our windsinger chimes series combines the very finest artistry & craftsmanship, With computer-age technology allowing you to experience a whole new dimension of beautiful sound. Made from super-thick-walled aluminum tubes which are specially-suspended, these wind chimes resonate much longer than other wind chimes, bathing you in waves of enduring harmony every time The wind blows. Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom, weaving, Crafts & War was the patron of craftsmen & artisans. She was the protector of Athens where Plato taught, "the life of man in every part has need of harmony & Rhythm." Woodstock windsinger chimes are musically-tuned using an ancient system Known as "just intonation." This means the frequencies at which the different tubes vibrate are related to one another by simple whole# ratios. Tones that are related in this way produce the purest, most beautiful musical intervals. This chime is tuned to an ancient Chinese pentatonic scale. Hang the chimes of Athena in your home or garden & let it bring harmony to your ears & well-being. In 1979, grammy award-winning musician & instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can't be played on a modern piano, Garry cut & tuned The lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime & is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned wind chimes. Garry & his wife Diane still develop the chimes today as part of their family-owned business in New York's Hudson Valley. Woodstock Chimes - the world's favorite windchime.
- Tuned to a pentatonic scale
- Silver aluminum ring and windcatcher, 6 Silver brushed aluminum tubes
- Length: 44'' Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring/ knob to bottom of wind catcher
- The Trifecta! Lasting resonance, contemporary styling and a beautiful song
- In 1979, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer garry kvistad created the first Woodstock chime from an aluminum lawn Chair he found in a landfill; garry and his wife diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 And still develop the chimes today